C. D. Peacock & Peacock Diamond Antique Wedding Set - J37050
Founded in 1837, Elijah Peacock moved to Chicago from England to continue his watch and jewelry business which began three generations before. His son, Charles (C.D.) was born in 1838 and inherited the business after his father retired. Robert Peacock and W. C. Peacock, sons of C. D. Peacock, continued the business as President and Secretary-Treasurer. In 1969, the parent company of Marshall Fields, Dayton Hudson Corp, bought the C. D. Peacock jewelry business. Ten years later, they became the first jewelry company to provide mail order jewelry. In 1982, Birks & Sons Ltd., located in Montreal, merged with C. D. Peacock. Seymour Holtzman became the newest owner in 1993. After all these years, this well established business is still operational in three locations in Chicago. This classic Peacock Antique diamond Wedding set from the Art Deco era is still popular today. The engagement ring has a .80 carat Apx. center diamond with VS1 clarity and G color. Accenting the center stone are .20 carat Apx. total weight of tapered baguettes. The wedding band completes the beautiful wedding set. Traditional and beautifully crafted in the king of metals, platinum, this is a ring that is sure to become a family heirloom.