In 1900, Constant Periat opened his first workshop in the Swiss Jura Region at Alle. “He specialized in the assembling of movements and complications”. Periat has always believed in working with the local labor force as he was convinced that “human capital is the strong added value of the company”. In 1948, the son of Constant Periat, Gilbert Periat takes over the company and opens a workshop under the name of Geraldy SA. In 1952, the Hebe brand is acquired by the company. Between 1952 and 1965, Hebe Watch
sells their watches to China, the United States, Cuba, Africa and Turkey. Between 1965 and 1975, Gilbert Periat concentrates on supporting the local work force and creates a new product line. Between 1975 and 1990, the quartz movements are very popular but Hebe Watch Company still believes in the mechanical movement. Between 1995 and 2007, Hebe Watch Company specialized in a private label. Between 2007 and 2010, Pierre Beuret invests in Hebe Watch and becomes its owner. At the time of Baselworld
2008, Hebe Watch produces a new line of chronographs and skeletons. In March of 2011, Hebe Watch Company enjoys its 42nd year of “participation of Hebe Watch at Baselworld” and celebrates 111 years in the watch industry.
Back to Diamonds
Back to Home Page